We apologize, this item is temporarily out of stock. Thank you for your patience.
Foreword by Paul David Tripp
You married a sinner.
So did your spouse.
It’s a truth that can be easy to forget. But realizing the truth about our sin points us to the glory of God’s grace and power to change us. Only at the cross do sinners become holy, the angry become merciful, and the proud become humble.
Whether you are starting out in marriage or you just celebrated your 50th anniversary, you’ll find in Dave Harvey’s book a guide to building your marriage on the foundation of the gospel. As such it forms an excellent followup to Gary and Betsy Ricucci’s Love That Lasts: When Marriage Meets Grace.
As Dave writes, “Could it be that God already knows you are sinners, yet gives you everything you need to build a thriving marriage anyway?”
Size: 8.5 x 5.5
Published: June 2007
About This Book
Author | Free Chapter Download
Table of Contents | Reviews | Videos
Dave Harvey married Kimm in 1982 and has been in pastoral ministry since 1986. He was senior pastor of Covenant Fellowship Church (Glen Mills, PA) from 1990 to 2008 and serves on the leadership team of Sovereign Grace Ministries. In addition to When Sinners Say “I Do,” he is the author of Rescuing Ambition and contributed a chapter to the book Why Small Groups?.
Dave lives in West Chester, Pennsylvania, with his wife and their four children.
Free Chapter Download
Read the Foreword, Preface, and Chapter 1 (PDF) 283K
Table of Contents
Foreword (Paul David Tripp)
- What Really Matters in Marriage: Theologians at the Altar
- Waking Up with the Worst of Sinners: The News about Who We Really Are
- The Fog of War and the Law of Sin: Preparing for the Inevitable
- Taking It Out for a Spin: A Test Drive for Your Doctrine
- Mercy Triumphs over Judgment: How to Sweeten the Days and Years
- Forgiveness, Full and Free: How to Unite What Sin Has Separated
- The Surgeon, the Scalpel, and the Spouse in Sin: Spiritual Surgery for Sinners
- Stubborn Grace: Persistent Power to Run Together
- Concerning Sex: Straight to the Heart of What Keeps Us Apart
- When Sinners Say Goodbye: Time, Aging, and Our Glorious Hope
“Dave Harvey skillfully exposes the real root of most marriage problems—each spouse is still a sinner. But he doesn’t leave us to wallow in our sin. He shows the way out through the power of the gospel. This book will be helpful for any married couple whether they’ve been married five weeks or fifty years.” —Jerry Bridges, author of The Pursuit of Holiness
“This is a wonderful book. It is honest, refreshing, practical, and above all biblical. These carefully written pages spill over with truth and grace. This book is liberating and Christ-centered, pointing the way to God-empowered marriage.” —Randy Alcorn, author of Heaven
“Dave Harvey not only offers a biblical diagnosis of marital strife, but prescribes the cure as well—the gospel. When Sinners Say “I Do” provides clarity in conflict, hope in despair, and points the way to a joy-filled, God-glorifying marriage.” —C.J. Mahaney, author of Humility: True Greatness
Use the left and right buttons on the player to navigate between videos.